Sunday, May 15, 2011

Slow Cooker Sunday: Shredded Pork Tacos

I seem to be on a Mexican kick lately, but hey, it's been muy bueno!

These tacos were FABULOUS! My only snaffoo was that I must have overcooked it a teeny bit because it didn't shred with forks and I ended up with "chunks of pork tacos." But yummmmmm regardless. :-)

Ingredients:
2 pound boneless pork roast
1 cup of salsa
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 ounce can of green chiles

Directions:
1. Mix the salsa, salt, pepper, and chiles in a bowl.
2. Place pork roast in the slow cooker.
3. Pour salsa mixture on top of roast.
4. Cook on low 8 hours (I'm gonna have to say maybe 6-7 hours).
5. Remove pork and shred with fork (ahem, or cut in chunks).
6. Eat with flour tortilla shells and garnish with lettuce, cheese, sour cream, etc.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails