So, no plate-lickin' was done this evening, but another great Slow Cooker meal that was quite tasty, easy and cheap to make, healthy for your diet, and served well over white rice.
I chose this dish for one reason....I already had all the ingredients at home. :-) But yes, I did love it and would make it again.
1 pound of boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp tumeric (*I did not have this spice so I just used a pinch of chili powder.)
1 tsp black pepper
20 oz. can of pineapple chunks
2 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1 medium green pepper, diced (*Though I would have loved to have added this, Chad is not a fan of green peppers so I omitted.)
Red pepper flakes to taste
1. Arrange chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle with pepper, tumeric (*chili powder), and paprika.
3. In a small bowl, combine pineapple (with juice), chopped green pepper (*if using), mustard, soy sauce, and garlic.
4. Pour over chicken.
5. Sprinkle on red pepper flakes.
6. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.