Sunday, September 21, 2014

The #fieldslikelove Wedding Weekend!

I can't believe it's been two weeks, but yes, it's been two weeks since the #fieldslikelove wedding!

Friday, the 5th, was "Set up reception-rehearsal-rehearsal dinner" Day.

Heidi did an amazing job with her vision and then creation of the most perfect reception. The flowers were gorgeous, the space was amazing (and well, spacious), and all the precious "southern" extras were just darling.

I don't think I stopped smiling for two days.



The gorgeous couple...not a bit nervous and just so excited for their big weekend.

I love this girl so much and love that she has found the most perfect man for her.

I mean, cause, when you have found the most perfect man you kinda want everyone else to be just as lucky as you. :-)

And continuing the trip on the sappy train, the Carolina Girls presented an abridged version of "The ABC's of Why Heidi and Matt Are Meant To Be."

Dinner was great, and then we all headed home for a good night's sleep.

The next morning was spent at the hair dresser. I do not even pretend to know how to do my own hair, so I left it in the hands of a capable professional.

Then, it was lots of girly primping and waiting at the church.







Heidi was beautiful, the ceremony was perfect, and again, I could not stop smiling. After a few pictures, we headed to the reception to eat (barbeque), drink (wine), and be merry.

The Carolina Bridesmaids


The Carolina Spouses
I think Matt will fit in just fine. :-)
 
Matt surprised Heidi with their first dance song...which actually turned out to be three songs with a prepared speech in between. He also ended with some scripture. It was so beautiful, and I loved how it was almost like there was no one else in the room with them.
But we were there.
And we were all smiling. :-)


Funny story of how my college roommate marries a man who is cousins with two girls I danced with in my childhood and youth and then we all get to meet up at the wedding. Thanks to Facebook this wasn't a huge surprise, but it was still so great to get hugs from these girls, Amanda and Sandra.
...who both also happen to be models and actresses...and incredibly tall. They were both slouching, and I was on my tip toes.

One of the most delicious wedding cakes I have ever had. And I have had a lot of wedding cakes.

The bouquet toss and garter toss...


And lots of dancing....

And a few selfies...

The Carolina Girls together again...but I miss them already and can't wait for Christmas and our annual party.

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Fields! We love you so much and wish you many, many years of love and laughter!

And a few more Carolina cousins for my kids. :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails