Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happy Anniversary to Us!

It's hard to believe we came from this:

...to this in just 8 years:


What a lucky, lucky girl I am!

(BTW- There's about 140 extra pounds between the four of us in that 2nd picture! Though I won't reveal how it's distributed, I am soooo glad that I started the Biggest Loser yesterday!)

On August 3, 2002, Chad and I said "I Do" in front of 240 of our closest friends and family. What an amazing day it was! Actually, it was an amazing WEEK....we had so much fun doing different "bridal party" activities each day before the wedding...and the actual wedding itself was perfect.

I am so blessed to have married my best friend...and that he turned out to be the best father, too.

The words to Bryan White's Song, "What Did I Do?" fit our life perfectly 8 years ago when we danced that first dance as husband and wife...and it still fits us perfectly now.

I love you, Chad! Happy Anniversary! Thanks for giving me the life that I have always dreamed of having!

What did I do to deserve you?

Only God's hands could have made you

And brought this dream to life

Always swore that I, I would never fall

I guess miracles happen after all

And what did I ever do to deserve you?

Unconventional describes my love for you

Unconditional 'cause there's nothing I won't do

I pray as this feeling grows

That you'll always touch the heart and so love me

It's a mystery

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails