Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
6-8 boneless chicken thighs (Using thighs was perfect. The meat was so juicy and super easy to pull apart.)
1 can of pineapple chunks, drained
1/2 bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce
Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
*The recipe also called for one small onion, diced, but when Chad cut into our onion it looked a bit sketch so we chose to toss it and do without.
1. Place chicken in crock pot.
2. Place onions (if not nasty like mine) and drained pineapple chunks on top of chicken.
3. Cover everything with the 1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce. (And if you are not using Sweet Baby Ray's you are truly missing out.)
4. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.
5. Remove chicken, shred with two forks, and then add back to the crock pot to mix with the sauce. (Now, I did not see in the beginning of the recipe that the chicken needed to marinate about an hour like this to soak up all the sauce. We were hungry so it sat maybe 10 minutes and was still really good. But, I bet after an hour it would have been awesomely soaked and flavorful.)
6. Spoon chicken BBQ mixture on hawaiian sweet rolls and serve!