Monday, July 6, 2015

The universe tried to prevent this from happening...

...but we said, "Universe, you don't know who you are messin' with!"

Having 11 babies and 2 on the way is already quite a challenge for 6 women. But having to accommodate for them all is just another beast in itself. Two years ago, we managed a full day trip to Chapel Hill. Last year, we were fortunate enough to escape for 2 nights at the beach in June, but this year it was an act of Congress just to get us all in one city overlapping about 2 hours.

Nevertheless, I was so excited to spend two nights in Fort Mill, SC visiting Heidi's new home and spending some great girl time with the Carolina Girls.

Saturday, we spent the day at the Ballantyne Spa in Charlotte. For the price of a facial/massage/etc, you are also allowed to enjoy their beautiful pool and other amenities (which I couldn't tell you about because I spent all my free hours at said beautiful pool).


Here we are fresh-faced and relaxed after our awesome services...

And then fully clothed with makeup and hair done...

I seriously ate my way through the weekend starting with an incredible PLT (Pork belly, lettuce, and [Fried Green] Tomato) from the Local Dish in Fort Mill (not pictured because it was inhaled too fast).

On Saturday, I then experienced the most amazing Nutella waffle at Cast Iron Waffles...

And then capped off the night with a fabulous Italian meal and a special table-side Bananas Foster at Villa Antonio that made me want to slap someone (or at least take Anthony home with me).




And my family while I was gone?

Yeah...they missed me TONS.

Tons, I tell ya.

The time away with my girlfriends is precious and a gift that I do not take for granted. It happens often enough that we don't lose our minds but time between is enough where we appreciate the "togetherness" more than anyone can know.

God truly knew what he was doing when he gave me 5 sisters that semester at Carolina about 17 years ago. When I think about all that has happened in our lives since that time, I am amazed and grateful for my 5 steady rocks that pray for me, love me, and cherish my family.

They really are the "best in the world."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails