Tuesday, March 15, 2011

that's what's up

1. I spent 2 hours this morning packing boxes for Operation Sweet Treat, a program we have here at the Girl Scouts for girls to sell cookies to be sent to military overseas and here in the US. I love my job!

2. I gained 1.5 pounds this week and have been kicking myself the last 24 hours. This is the first time in 7 months I have gained weight and it has been just consuming me. I know last week's 2.5 loss was probably a fluke, and obviously I am still down overall, but I just hate that I let myself slip. And I am trying not to blame the fact that I had a horrendous sinus cold/infection since Wednesday and wanted to eat nothing but ice cream and bagels. And I only worked out twice. But I definitely see the cause and effect relationship here.

3. I moved to a bigger office at work. Literally, it is twice the size of my old office. I feel like a princess.

4. I get a little too giddy when Air Supply plays on my Pandora station.

5. I am feeling a bit guilty because Chad was so excited when I told him I was making Manwich sandwiches for dinner. He's gonna be so disappointed when he finds out I am using ground turkey.

6. I also feel a bit guilty for not giving up anything for Lent this year. But really, when I started my diet/lifestyle change in August, I gave up about 1800 extra calories a day so that kinda stopped the sweet tea, fried foods, and desserts that I usually give up before Easter. And I added exercise. And honestly, I just didn't have the brain energy to think of something more creative.

6b. Side note about giving up stuff for Lent. I am completely impressed by the people who gave up Facebook for Lent (miss you folks!). I don't think I could ever do that, because these days, Facebook provides me with all my current news stories (along with The View's Hot Topics) as well as daily birthday reminders.

So, that's what's up.

1 comment:

familyofmgms said...

I couldn't give up facebook- it is one of the only ways I can keep in touch with people from the other side of the world- NO WAY I'm giving that up! Don't beat yourself up about the weight- it will be gone next week! Your overall trend is downward! And congrats on the new office! Why did you move, did your job change?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails