Thursday, April 7, 2011

Here's a random recipe for you...

Have you noticed this in the grocery store before? Those of you who coupon may because when it's extreme doubles or triples at Harris Teeter you can buy it for practically nothing. So, I figured for the 35 cents I paid for it, it was worth trying out a recipe included in the top lid. It was quite yummy and very easy. Each container comes with 3-4 recipes, and there are three different flavors of the Cooking Creme. I used the Savory Garlic and made the Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Casserole. Ingredients: 1.5 pounds of raw boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces 1 package (14 oz) of frozen broccoli florets thawed and drained 1.5 cups of shredded chedder cheese 1 tub of the Savory Garlic Cooking Creme 1/2 cup of milk (I used skim milk.) 1 sleeve of Ritz crackers (I used "Reduced fat Goldens" from Harris Teeter.) 3 tablespoons of butter, melted (I used Smart Balance from the tub.) Directions: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Combine first 5 ingredients in a 13x9 baking dish and cover with foil. Bake 25 minutes. Meanwhile, mix cracker crumbs and butter. Stir chicken mixture; sprinkle with crumb mixture; Bake uncovered for 10 minutes until topping is golden brown. Nutrition notes: The standard serving is 1 cup and 400 calories. Because I used fat free milk, reduced fat crackers, and "fake butter," I am thinking it's a little less than that, but it was so good I had 1.5 servings so it all evens out. :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails