Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas 2.0- Uncle Pookie is Home!

We were sooooo excited when my brother and sister-in-law arrived into town Sunday evening after church. We met them at Moe's for dinner and I swear, I don't think Santa himself with a sleigh-ful of toys would have gotten a better greeting from Jake and Brooklyn.

We do get very excited when we see them...

Very excited...

So, Monday the 23rd, we had Christmas with my side of the family and it was a great, laidback day with a yummy lunch of tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches, presents, and then a VERY yummy turkey dinner.




I was super excited to find this outdoor life ring sign for dad's pool- Pappy's Paradise.

We also entertained ourselves watching some family movies from the late 80's. Crazy how much Brooklyn and Jake resemble my brother and I at around the same ages.
Some Hungry Hippos was also played.

Caroline puts a lot of love in making her turkey. And it definitely pays off.


Caroline's sister, brother-in-law, and adorable nephew joined us for dinner.

So, we captured a group shot of Uncle Eric, Aunt Caroline, and their babies.

Kinda-Cousins. :-)

And a great family shot.

We, again, were so blessed with some great gifts for all 4 of us. But I have to tell you that Eric and Caroline could not the get the kids anything, and it wouldn't matter. For only seeing them twice a year, the kids have such an incredible bond with their aunt and uncle. It's like no time passes between visits. And, I am quite certain that Uncle Eric and Aunt Caroline are extremely exhausted after visiting with us. The kids keep them very busy. :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails