Saturday, December 28, 2013

Kicking off Christmas...

Our Christmas kicked off last Saturday with a brunch with Chad's family, including cousins, and then a date night with our brother/sister-in-law in Winston.

We ate at this fabulous Thai place that was super delicious.
Not what Molly and I thought we were ordering but it wasn't terrible...

Some of the most delicious Pad Thai I've ever eaten...

On Sunday, December 22, we had our family Christmas with Chad's side of the family. Yummy chili, salad, corn bread, and an awesome blueberry "dump cake" that Molly made.

And of course lunch was followed by presents...


And lots of baby Claire snuggling.





Jake tried his hand at taking pictures....at least I am starting to get in some of them. :-)

Gramma and her grandbabies.

Claire caught on the present-thing pretty quickly.

And I was so happy she liked the doll we bought her!








I got so many great things, but I did especially love the jacket my brother-in-law and sister-in-law got me.
You're welcome for the selfie pic in the bathroom mirror. Classy, I know.

We are so blessed with not only the material items we received that day, but also with a family that truly enjoys being around one another. It was a great day that ended with our Lessons & Carols service at Shout that night. Definitely a perfect way to kick off our Christmas Week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails